Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome to the world little Kailynn Renae Denney


Proud Nana Renae and baby Kailynn



Well Renae got a call early afternoon on Thursday the 29th from Kristen that there were some complications (won't get into the medical jargon b/c it's not necessary) and the doctors were going to induce labor. Renae called me after she got off the phone with Kristen. As I wasn't doing much at work I volunteered to go get them a phone card at Walmart so they could begin calling people in the states. So I whizzed over to Wally World picked up two Skype phone cards and an AT&T phone card and drove quickly but legally to the VA. I got there and Renae says my flight leaves at 3pm. I look at my watch and it's 1:45pm. Holy Crap. So I told her I would meet her at home and help her pack and find her passport. I'm parked out front and she says "I'm parked out back", so now hurriedly and so legally I start driving home. I get about halfway home when Renae calls and says, "I forgot you dropped me off at work this morning." So I flip a quite illegal U-turn and drive quite expeditiously back to the VA. When we both got home it was like 202pm crap. So I tell her I will go upstairs and look for her passport and start grabbing socks and the like. I grab her clothes, but the passport isn't there. So I take the clothes downstairs to the suitcase and look in the desk for her passport, not there. Worry sets in. I look in the firebox, there it is, and I tell her it expires the end of this year. So we have her packed sorta by 220pm. The suitcase contains breast pump, robe, baby bag, video camera, and a few clothes for Renae and happens to be over 50kg. At that point I told Renae to just pay the overage cost, don't worry about it. So we load the car and get her to the airport where her bag was overweight, but the agent said she was allowed two bags so let her one overweight bag go through. We had 20 min before her plane loaded so I sat with her and Kristen called, I got to talk with Kristen for a few minutes, then began calling the other kids to let them know what she told me.
They broke Kristen's water around 530pm (Italy time) and gave her the epidural at 8pm (Italy time). Renae called me around 230MST and told me Kristen delivered the baby about 45 min ago on January 30th. Kailynn was 6lbs14oz and longer than 20 inches with long little fingers. Renae said they would probably send out pictures by sometime late Sunday. Both momma and baby are doing well. So are Clayton, Nana Renae, and Julie (maybe I'll get to be an adopted Nana Julie)

1 comment:

R.J. said...

The pictures are great!! She is so cute and beautiful! I'm glad that Renae made it in time to see the baby and that everything worked out great. I'm sure you can be called nana , too! cause you are a part of the family. Congrats to all.
love cheryl and rj