Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BABY'S got a bran' new cast!


Apparently one needs more than a Master's degree to figure out how to run the video camera. I thought I was filming Renae cutting off my temp cast and new nurse Karyn with the horrified look on her face while it was being done. But all I got was 5 min of video of the camera sitting in my lap while Dr. Boardwine and I talked football. Jeez! So I am going to try to get the X-Ray films of my wrist to load onto the blog. Dr. B put on my permanent cast and again said if my wrist deviates any more he will pin it, which could take three weeks before he will know for sure if it has deviated. Until then he said I could go boarding, YEAH.

Well you only have to tell me once. This morning I called Powderhorn and booked a two hour lesson with Bob. Hey if you find a good instructor you should be loyal. So Sunday while Renae and Roby take the kids I'll be in another boarding lesson.

I figure if I don't get back on my board now, I'll let fear of getting hurt set in and would never try it again. So I'm getting back up on my horse.

UPDATE
sO i WENT INTO THE va TODAY BECAUSE MY CAST WAS RUBBING MY THumb raw. Karyn (new nurse) cut it off, I thought she was going to have a heart attack. I had three more x-rays taken and Mary Lasley put a new one on. Mary then called me once I got back to work and told Dr. Boardwine didn't like how my lateral view looked and wanted more x-rays. So I went back to the VA and had more pictures taken. Mary then said it would probably be best if I didn't board for 4-6 weeks. What I said, she said Dr. B thinks the same. So when Dr. B came to look at the pictures and I told him if he really didn't want me to, but it would really depress me. He said he would rather me wait till next week. So I rescheduled my lesson for 2/1/09. Renae and I are also going 1/30.
UPDATE 1/26/2009
I had my appt this morning with Dr. B. He looked at my X-Rays and said it looks like my break is healing well. When I looked at them I was worried because it looked like some of the fragments were more separated. But so far no surgery for me. I see Dr. B again in two weeks. He said they would then take off my cast and put me in a "Cock-up Splint", we'll need to rename it though because I don't have one of those.

No comments: