Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rest of the trip to Kansas

Me and grandma out at the cabin.
Me, Randall, DeWayne, and Randall's fiance Rhea (sp).

On Dec 29th Renae and I brought Grandma Fuller back to El Dorado. We got the car all unpacked (it was pretty full). Then we set up Grandma's bird feeder, rain gauge, and pedometer. She also wanted to go check on a different phone as her current one is pretty complicated, Renae and I couldn't even get it figured out. We took her to Radio Shack where she got the phone initially and there was an old high school class mate, Derek Beaman. We ended up going over to Walmart before we met my brothers and picked her up a easier phone where I saw another classmate, but don't remember his name right off the bat (or even now). How crazy as many times as I've returned to El Dorado I've never seen any of my classmates. We met my brothers Randall (soldier) and DeWayne (soldier) for dinner. Grandma told us that Randall got engaged and he brought his fiance. His wedding is to take place August 4th, 2009 at Botanica in Wichita. 

The morning of the 31st, Renae and I met with Tarra for breakfast, how much fun. We caught up with what has happened since we all last saw each other. Tarra is coming out to Colorado in Feb 2009. We will be skiing together at Winter Park on the 7th. So excited. We met mom and Grandma Corfman at Bella Luna in Wichita for lunch, then headed to the airport. After we loaded the plane we had to fight for our seats again. Some girl was sitting in our seats, and she said she was told it was a free for all seating. Renae said no it isn't we didn't pay for our tickets 6 months early for free for all seating. That Frontier wasn't Southwest Airlines or Ryan Air, so she got up and we sat down. I put our carry on into the overhead compartments. As we were taking off we heard our Hot Tamales and Good N Plenty sliding all over the compartment, we started laughing. 

We landed and got our car. Met Taysha and Brian down at the 16th street mall to eat and go to a movie. Holy crap what a bunch of drunk people walking around. By the time we got out of the movies (Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons, very different) there were thousands and thousands of people there. Of course that kinda freaked me out since I don't like huge crowds of drunk people. We walked a little bit then headed over to the hotel in Wheatridge

He are headed back home today. Friday we are cooking for the homeless and Sunday is my first snow board lesson. 

No comments: