Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, January 23, 2009

LOOK OUT JULIE COMPLETED HUNTER'S EDUCATION COURSE!

For the last four evenings from 6-9pm I attended the Hunter's Education class at the DOW in GRJ. Last night was the culminating event of testing and shooting. It was an interesting class with numerous kids who thought they knew everything there was to know about hunting, guns, and wildlife. I was a little concerned about how I was going to shoot a .22 rifle with a cast on my left arm and soon found out. Before we took the test we watched a video on field dressing a deer. Geez' em pete, Clayton you are so going with us. There are so many ways to screw up the meat when you field dress, it's not funny. So then we took the test, our instructor read the test questions out loud as there were several people (adults included) who couldn't read. I was on question 37 of 50 when Al, instructor finished reading question 9. I finished first and got a 98%, but that also meant I would be in the first group to shoot the rifles. So he called the first 10 people and we went into the range and examined the rifles. .22 single shot bolt action rifles. Al let us get used to the feel of the rifle. I figured out the best way to hold the rifle was on one knee with my arm across the bench and the rifle on my arm. He then handed us ten round which we had to load after every shot, meaning pull bolt back, put rifle on safe, load round, push bolt forward, take safety off, sight, and shoot. Each shot took me about 3 min but I got them all off. Passed the shooting part and was handed my orange card, YEAH.

No comments: