Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

Picture from after the ceremony. Everyone looked so good.
Wedding cake that Taysha had picked out.
Mike (air force) being a play'r with the bridesmaids.
Cheryl being goofy at the rehearsal lunch.
Brian showing off his mad basketball skills, lol.

Well last weekend was the big weekend in which Brian and Taysha got married and I was to officiate my very first wedding. I left work early on Friday the 28th so I could get to the Bachelorete party which was to start at 6pm. The drive over was somewhat uneventful although the wind was gusting up to 60 mph in places so both hands on the wheel. I listened to the audio book "The Lovely Bones" most of the way over I'm on the forth disc now. I got into Denver around 4pm and checked into the hotel as I learned that I would be transporting not only Renae and Kaily to the party but Taysha and Brenda (should have a bigger car). So we got to the condo in which the party was to be held. The girls weren't quite ready to start but I was starving so went up and got some food and talked to Cheryl. Norah wasn't feeling well (side story Kristen wasn't feeling well the weekend before up until about Wednesday, Renae thinks that then Kaily had it Thursday and Friday, Norah had it Friday, Renae had it Friday and Saturday, Taysha had it Saturday, I got it Sunday and Monday, now Roby, Kaleb, and Clayton have it) so she went to lay down for a while. Needless to say the bridal shower got started and Renae and I took Kaily back to the hotel. She did awesome and we had lots of fun with her. We got up on Saturday morning and went to eat with Kaily at Rosie's. She walked all the way from the hotel across the parking lot to Rosie's.
Anywho we were on-time in getting to the rehearsal as was Brian and half the grooms man despite our intention of getting there early. Apparently there was some apprehension that there would be friction with the entire family being there but everything went well and introductions were made to new parts of the family and renewal's of family that hadn't been seen for a while. Since we were on a time schedule I herded everyone into the back to get started with the proceedings. We got to run through the ceremony twice making some adjustments and then we walked through the venue. I have to say I wasn't impressed with the Miramonte Lodge, but I was not well on Sunday and all that matters is that Taysha and Brian are married. We then went to C.B. Potts for the rehearsal lunch which was fun. It looked like everyone had a good time. Herb got a bunch of drink tickets but because of parties the night before there wasn't a lot of drinking going on. We stayed there for a couple of hours and then checked into the new hotel near the venue. I laid down for a nap and then we went and ran some last minute errands. By the time we were done both of us were beat and ready to hit the rack. I got up the next morning at 0630 and Renae hadn't been feeling well still so continued to rest while I went for a run....5.5 miles and my knee was good. When I got back I got ready to head to breakfast and Sams. Still last minute stuff that hadn't gotten done on Friday. Breakfast was at IHOP and Sams only had one bouquet of white roses. Huh who would have thought that there wouldn't be white roses available on Memorial Day Weekend. So on the hunt we went. We stopped at 5 or 6 different places looking for white roses which of course where essential to tie together things for the wedding. We put out an APB to family to gather whatever white roses could be found. Renae and I dropped some appetizers off at the venue with what white roses we could find and then went to try to nap before going to the venue at 130. No such luck the phone rang like every 15 min so we just got up and I ironed my robe. It was at this time that I noticed I wasn't feeling very good that my stomach was starting to churn. I kinda chalked it up to nerves but knew that wasn't it and I was getting what everyone else had. We were off to the venue and got there around 130. I started doing some of the last minute things and the longer I was on my feet the worse I began to feel. At some point I went out to sit in the car because everyone was try to make decisions that they really had no control over and it was driving me nuts. I watched Roby and Kaleb outside throwing a football and really enjoyed watching, they were being funny. I came back inside around 330 and just kinda watched the chaos that ensued. At 4pm I put on my robe as the ceremony was to start in 30 min at some point I started sweating and knew I had a fever and I kept taking deep breaths trying not to crap my pants or vomit. About 15 min till start time Herb (Brian's dad) apparently thought I looked like death warmed over and asked if I wanted to be moved in front of the fan, thank God someone was looking out for the High Priestess. Sitting in front of the fan helped and then quite a few people came and asked if I were all right because it looked like I was actually praying. 430 came and went and Herb said it would be about 15 more minutes then he came and got me. I walked down the aisle and we started. Everyone looked so pretty and all grown-up in their suits and gowns. Katie and Kaleb did awesome and looked really good, Kaleb with his goofy smile and Katie all of a sudden realized everyone was looking at her and became shy. The Taysha and Randy. Thankfully the had chosen just a ceremony without a candle or rose ceremony and no extra stuff in it. I made it through the ceremony without vomiting or shitting on myself. Brian gave Taysha a really big mussy kiss, yeah Brian, and I pronounced them Mr and Mrs. Wishing everyone would hurry back down the aisle so I could go inside. At some point I went in and laid down on the couch in the girls dressing room. Then proceeded to get sick multiple times to the point that my ribs hurt beyond belief. I got the damn marriage license signed by everyone and left (damn because it was a process in which no one apparently cared about but if it didn't get signed then all this was for not). I headed straight back to the hotel and was miserable in pain and vomit for about 6 or 7 hours. Renae got back in around 1230 in the morning and left again at 3 am to take Brian, Taysha, and Mike to the airport. I was sleeping off and on but more off and was ready to get in the car to drive home to sleep in my own bed by 0630. We left Broomfield around 0845 and headed home. I had to stop about every 1 1/2 hours to allow the virus to pass through me from one end or the other. So it took a little bit longer to get home. I wish I had felt better but twas not the case nor did I want to stay and infect people with what had gotten passed to me. Had no regrets about my contributions to the wedding and would have done it all over again (maybe a little differently but in the same capacity). By the way second time in a 30 day period in which I have worn a dress and no one has taken a picture, sorry you lose.

No comments: