Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boarding at Breckenridge

Me being cheesy before the 10K.
Renae crossing the finish line.
Boarding at Breck.
Renae after getting off the lift.

Cheryl posing ready to pounce.

Last weekend Renae and I headed over to Denver to run a 10K, doing some wedding shopping, and to board with Cheryl and RJ. We got into Denver at 7pm and met Taysha and Brian at the movie theather in Greenwood Village next to the Elephant Bar. We watched Date Night.....hilarious.....then we went to the Elephant Bar...naturally. We didn't get till bed until a little after 10pm and got up around 0545. We weren't sure where exactly the race was so we left in plenty of time to get there. We found the high school and there were lacrosse games and soccer practice as well so the joint was pretty crowed. We got our registration bags, timing chip, and t-shirts then headed back to the car to put them all up. It was freak'n cold out 33 degrees and I was dressed some what inappropriate for that temp....fearful I would have to run in my sweatshirt...but thankfully the sun came out a little and I tossed the sweatshirt before the race started. We got off right on time and headed up Hell's Hill as the locals call it. I started off running but became so out of breath that I walked all the way to the top of the hill as did Renae. She kept saying I can't relax. Once we hit the top I started running and ran through what looked like what I sometimes run in Junction. After about 2 1/2 miles we came to the road and started running on the road UP the HILL. I ran about 1/2 up the hill and passed another runner but then needed to walk but made sure to walk faster than the runner was running. Once I topped the hill I was able to start running again. Thankfully I was listening to my Ipod and a running cadence came on.....I immediately relaxed my gate and started calling cadence. At mile 5 we took a turn off the trail to add more distance and I was like crap really. I walk/ran the next 1/2 mile until the runner I passed was starting to get close. I started running again and when I came back to the turn off I started running hard and came in just under 90 min. I waited for Renae at the finish line and she came in about 4 min behind me. She did awesome for being tight and her back bothering her.

The next day we headed to Breck to board with RJ and Cheryl. It was some unusual snow that soft powder it was like boarding in mashed potatoes. Here are some movies from the day.

Board Dancing with RJ and Cheryl.

My first attempt at a big air jump.

No comments: