Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When a country girl from Kansas lies about the weather

So for the last 4 months or so I have been talking to my cousin Andrew about coming out to Grand Junction in Dec and doing some landscaping for us. The obvious question posed by a flatlander to someone asking them to come to Colorado in December to work on the yard is, "isn't to cold and snowy." Heck no I say it will be 40 degrees outside and no snow at least down here in Grand Junction (I say in my best Kansan accent)." Much to my surprise just 5 short days before Andrew and Lindsey were set to arrive it dumped 10 inches of snow in Grand Junction.

Not only that but then it didn't get above oh say 12 degrees the rest of the week. It was a whopping 38 degrees when they flew into Junction. Needless to say we needed to find other things for Andrew to work on since the yard looked like the dark side of the moon. Poor Andrew....but he has been a good sport and hung some pictures, shoveled some snow, and put together some DVD albums. Yesterday Renae and I took Lindsey and Andrew up onto the National Monument...where the air is even thinner. I think they had fun. I'll add some pictures when we get back from Crested Butte.

No comments: