Miles run from July to Dec 2010

Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, September 21, 2009

Quarry Trail Run Marble, Colorado Sept 20, 2009


Cheryl receiving her 2nd place finish for age category award.

Kristen receiving her 1st place finish age category award.

Roby receiving his 2nd place age category award.

RJ receiving his 1st place age category award.

Me hauling during the first 1/2 mile of the race.

Kristen and Renae at the half way point.

Roby cruising down the hill around mile 5 1/2.

Cheryl thankful that she was now going downhill.

RJ almost at the turn around point.

Me being cheesy before the race.

Well race day was quite dramatic with weather conditions, start time changes, 6 people trying to get organized to run, and packing all at the same time. Renae wanted to start early so that she and I could run with the kids (adult) a little during the run. I told her I would if we got official times. The race organizer said that he would keep official time for us and that we would be eligible for awards if we earned them, so I agreed to start early. We started at 9:09am 21 min before the race started. The first mile went through the town of Marble and through a Marble pit for lack of a better description. Then we started heading up hill 1200 feet in 3 miles. We ran the first 200 feet and then started walking but kept a 15 min pace at walking. I judged that the race group would start catching up with us around 0945. But it wasn't until about 3 1/2 miles and 0953 that the first runner passed us. Kristen caught up with us right around the 4 mile mark and Renae who was a little ahead of me ran with her at the turn around point for about 15 seconds. RJ was the next to reach us he was probably 2 min behind Kristen and Renae and I were already headed back down. Cheryl was next about 2 min behind RJ and then Roby was probably 5 min behind Cheryl. It was nice getting pictures of everyone. Cheryl caught up with me on the downhill section and took some pictures of me running. Downhill was definitely better, I probably was down 8:30 min miles on the downhill section. Although it took me a while to catch up with Renae. I caught her about mile 6 and we ran together until she had to empty her shoe. I cruised on down to mile 7 then decided to walk for 30 seconds, bad idea. My legs were all wobbly and I thought I was going to fall over. Renae caught back up with me and we ran the rest of the way to the finish line together and crossed at the same time. They had our official time as 1:31:33 but since we started 21 min earlier it was actually 1:52:??. Not bad considering 1/3 of the race was going up hill. Renae and I each won places in our age category. Side note there were only 2 people in my age category, 3 in Renae's, 2 in Kristen and Cheryl's, 3 in RJ and Roby's. But still something to be proud of.

8 1 M20 Rj Byrd, 26 1:13:16.14
4 1 W20 Kristen Denney, 24*, Grand Junction, CO 1:13:42.95
10 2 W20 Cheryl Catlett, 25*, Grand Junction, CO 1:18:52.29
12 2 M20 Roby Byrd, 22, Grand Junction, CO 1:22:43.212
24 12W40 Renae Byrd, 48* 1:52:01.225
25 2 W30 Julie Fuller, 38* 1:55:33.0

The above are the offical times however, Renae and I crossed the finish line at the same time so both of our times are 1:52:01.225. The numbers in front of all the names are the place of finish within the Mens or Women's category and then the place within the age category. So RJ was the 8th man across the finish line and he was 1st in his age category.

No comments: